Wednesday, October 20, 2004

F.B.I (Full Blown Idiots)

First words I saw: "Here you will find one-stop shopping to request information that may be found in the FBI’s Central Records System" One stop shopping huh? THIS ISN'T TARGET! Lets take this a bit more serious!

Very pro F.B.I., I guess thats ok, since it is thier website, but they have really screwed up before and I didn't find anything on those issues. Read the history page! "Cointelipro" was mentioned but then they said this, "
Wiretapping and other intrusive techniques were discouraged by Hoover in the mid-1960s" Uh huh. The point is if you want to find dirt on a group, don't go to their website. Also, checkout the short video on the "The War on Terrorism link" It's like a poltical ad, I half expected Robert Mueller to pop up and say "I'm Robert Mueller and I approve this message!"

I also checked out the electronic reading room which seemed like it was more for entertainment (What do all of the these people have in common? Thats right Timmy! They've all been investigated by the good ol' F.B.I.!) Whoever wrote this site was a genius, its like some sort of novelty, something Maxim magazine would point you to whenever your bored at work. I picked a couple of people from the "Famous Persons" list and pretty much every time it was related to their suppossed communist involvement, extortion threats, or in the case of MLK no synapisis was provided just the number of pages availible (alot). Maybe the reason for F.B.I. files on MLK is a bit embarrassing?

The importance of this website is that it allows avilibility to information via a federal law that requires them to disclose materials. Open records laws are vital to democratic government. Even though documents are still withheld for "national security" we now have access to way more than ever before. Carefull though, laws like "The Patriot Act" doesn't directly aim to keep us in the dark (or maybe they do?) but it does allow for broad, unspecific, (i.e. dangerous on the slippery slope) laws to take these rights away from us.

As a disclaimer to make sure the gov doesn't mark me for extinction, the F.B.I has probably saved us from world destruction many times but nobody's perfect and never will be. Unfortunutly, the tendency is for the destruction of our rights because it easier to power play people than it is to work with them.

Rhoads
Oh, yea. I'm going to do some crazy configuration of the fluoride conspiracy for the paper. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home